Being Sudhakar

Saturday, August 26, 2006

When the Indian Flag flew 'upside down'



On Wednesday, when Sania Mirza won her first round match at the Forest Hills Women's Tennis Classic, 'rediff.com' reported this story in its sports section. I guess not many people noticed that in the fourth slide of that slide show, 'our' Indian flag was flying upside down.
http://specials.rediff.com/sports/2006/aug/25sania-sld4.htm

If you see, the report reads -
" The Indian flag flutters alongside other national flags at the West Side Tennis Club at Forest Hills. "

Wouldn't it have been great if there was a note there pointing out the organisers mistake in having hosted the flag upside-down.

Well, I am no politician or a bureaucrat or any other high-ranking official to make a hue and cry on this one. But I am a proud Indian nevertheless. This flag is my identity. Its like sticking your photo in a passport, upside down. And that is why it seems so strange to me that nobody found this out. Maybe everyone was too busy staring at Sania.

I don't know about others, but I like my flag the correct way up.

3 Comments:

  • now tht i see it, its pretty pathetic!! its a big fault!

    By Blogger ESIH, at 9:36 AM  

  • yeah i sec that!!! why the hell nobody noticed it???

    so now u r into blogging now huh?? and i must say the Palace one was quite awesome... though we had fun during college in a different way... it just made me nostalgic!!!

    By Blogger Arjun.C.N, at 11:31 AM  

  • hey wht happened? write some more!!

    By Blogger ESIH, at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home