Being Sudhakar

Saturday, March 15, 2008

An Ode to Angels


You gave me life, you brought me into this world,

Enduring pain that no other mortal could bear.

You cared and loved me like no one ever could,

You quitely shed a tear when I wasn't near.


You made me the man, that I'm now.

And I would owe everything I have, to you forever.

I wondered where you got all that strength and love.

You're a goddess, but you chose to be called a Mother.

- To a Mother - an Angel, a Woman



I've broken a few of your Barbies myself,

And hid a few other dolls when you broke my bike,

Although I feel embarassed to admit it,

Those imaginary tea parties were the best ones in my life.



Oh those days of fighting, about whom mom loves more,

Pulling hairs, and throwing pillows at one another

The world thinks, that its fight, that we do best,

But only we know how much we love each other.

- To a Sister - an Angel, a Woman




You came as a stranger, and became my life,

You held my hand for eternity,

You walk by my side, as a constant companion,

And promised to love me unconditionally.



You work at office, you work at home,

You stay busy when the rest of the world is free,

You're a Manager, Counsellor, Friend and Critic,

They say men are stronger, but I disagree.

- To a Wife - an Angel, a Woman



You are the happiest when I succeed,

And the first one to tell me when I'm wrong,

You pull my ears when I do something naughty,

And listen to my non-sense all day long.



You tell me all your secrets, and I trust you with mine,

And I can tell you about my latest crush without fear,

With you around, I am never alone,

You are always there to wipe that tear.

- To a Friend - an Angel, a Woman



A woman, I believe, was created with care,

God indeed took that bit of extra time.

A big heart, strong mind, in an aura of splendidness,

An embodiment of brains and beauty, Oh Woman, you are divine.




Here's wishing all the Women-
A Very Happy Women's Day!

(P.S - This was written by me for Women's Day 08th Mar, 2008)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi Sudhakar,

    Am also from Cognizant. And ve read this post in Ch1.Simply superb i would say......Loved your yet sincere effort at poetry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 AM  


  • Hi, thank you very much for help. I am going to test that in the near future. Cheers



    Barbie Dolls to Coimbatore

    By Blogger kanmani, at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home